Reston-Herndon Little League values its partnership with two longtime league sponsors, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Modell’s Sporting Goods.
Dick’s Sporting Goods at Dulles Town Center will hold its annual RHLL Day on Saturday, March 11.
This offer from Dick’s will give RHLL families 20% off their in-store purchase on the 11th.
Modell’s Sporting Goods at Plaza America in Reston will hold RHLL Team Week All-Star Weekend on Saturday and Sunday, March 25 and 26.
This offer from Modell’s will give RHLL families 20% off their in-store purchase on the 25th and 26th.
In addition, RHLL will receive a 5% donation back from Modell’s if our league members spend over $500 on that weekend.
A quick word about buying equipment for your player.
Glove size is indicated in inches. A smaller glove is recommended for younger players.
RHLL recommends these glove sizes according to age:
- Players 7 and younger: 8″ – 10″
- Players 8 – 10 years old: 10″ – 11.25″
- Players 11 – 13 years old: 11″ – 11.5″
Bat size is indicated in length (inches) and weight (ounces). The difference between length and weight is a bat’s “drop” number. For example, a bat that is 26 inches in length and 14 ounces in weight is shown as 26/14, or a drop 12. This measure will be shown on the bat as “-12.”
RHLL recommends these bat sizes according to age:
- Players 7 and younger should swing a bat 24″ – 26″ in length with a drop of -13.5 to -12.
- Players 8 – 9 years of age should swing a bat 26″ – 29″ in length with a drop of -13.5 to -10.
- Players 10 – 11 years of age should swing a bat 28″ – 30″ in length with a drop of -13 to -10.
- Players 12 – 13 years of age should swing a bat 29″ – 31″ in length with a drop of -12 to -10.
With gloves, better a bit small than too big. With bats, better a bit light than too heavy.
RHLL Majors and AAA teams start game play in just one month!